Thursday, 22 January 2015

Through the Woods- Emily Carroll


'It came from the woods. Most strange things do.'

Five mysterious, spine-tingling stories follow journeys into (and out of?) the eerie abyss.

These chilling tales spring from the macabre imagination of acclaimed and award-winning comic creator Emily Carroll.

Come take a walk in the woods and see what awaits you there...




There isn't much for me to say about Through the Woods except that you should go and buy it/borrow it from the library straight away. It is incredibly good. And incredibly scary. 



So, there are five stories. They are classic fairytales. The Nesting Place and Our Neighbour's House were my favourites. The stories are familiar, ambiguous (some more than others) and bone chilling. I scare very easily (I'm scared right now because I just wrote that I get scared easily and it reminded be of the times I've been scared and it's scary to remember that) but other people found it terrifying too so it definitely is. It's a really scary book. Watch out! Don't read after dark! Don't read in a haunted house at Halloween!  



The artwork is just gorgeous, reminiscent of Edward Gorey. God, I loved this collection so much I can't write about it coherently. 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment